Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

FW-1 and RPC with MSDTC

From: "Javier Megias" <jmegias () hyphop com>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 18:06:51 +0100

We're trying to get one server, that has IIS4 with MSDTC components talk
with a SQL Server 7 database with MSDTC,that is in the other interface of
the firewall (checkPoint FW-1 SP3). It complains that it can't use RPC or
that the RPC call isn't working., so we're triying to find out what RPC app
numer we must use; have tried almost everything, and we can't get it to
work. The IIS is inside a NT Domain, and the SQL Server 7 is inside a NT
group.

                        IIS ----------- FW-1 ------SQLServer7

I think that the fact could be that we don't really know how RPC really
works :-) . Any wizard could light it?
Thanks,
Javier Megias