Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Intrusion Detection Systems, Best of breed?

From: "Ofir Arkin" <ofir () sys-security com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2001 22:39:46 -0000

This might be interesting.

According to several criteria we can order the firewall (or some other
device) to send the traffic over to another system. I like the concept
as MJR also suggested that.

We can use some kind of "Dynamical NATing" to convert the original IP
Destination Address with the Honeypot IP Address...

Can we do this with Open Source?

Another thought, you really need to make it REAL GOOD so it will not be
detected easily. Hence, same Stack manipulations and other TCP/IP tricks
to make it look nice...

Ofir Arkin [ofir () sys-security com]
Founder
The Sys-Security Group
http://www.sys-security.com
PGP CC2C BE53 12C6 C9F2 87B1 B8C6 0DFA CF2D D360 43FA