Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Netscreen interface question

From: "Michael Condren" <mjcon () hotmail com>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:04:12 +0100

Hi,

We are thinking of purchasing a Netscreen product to act a central firewall for all traffic in and out of our site. Currently there are 4 routers used for traffic. One for Internet access, the other three are used for communication with other sites over leased lines. Netscreen firewalls only have three interfaces per box. Is it possible to use the Netscreen as a firewall between our site and the other site when there are only 3 interfaces on the firewall and four router LAN interfaces? Can you route traffic to go in through one interface (router1->firewall int1) and out through the same interface (firewall int1 -> router1)?

Thanks