Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Reverse proxy scenario

From: tim.groenwals () belgacom be
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 09:23:29 +0200

Hi,

I've done a similar setup here at our company.

I used Stronghold (www.c2.net), and after some configurations problems, it's
running smooth.

- Our clients all have a client certificate
- the reverse proxy has a proxy certificate (seen from the clients, this
acts as a server certificate)
- the reverse proxy performs checks on these client certificates
- the reverse proxy has a client certificate (towards the content server,
can be a private one)
- the content server has a server certificate (towards the rev. proxy, can
be a private one)

So there is a SSL communication between the content server and the reverse
proxy, AND the reverse proxy and the clients.

Regards,

Tim Groenwals
tim.groenwals () belgacom be