Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Traffic Mapping/Throughput Tools

From: Maikel Verheijen <maikel () worldonline nl>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 10:27:37 +0100

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 12:09:44AM +0100, Martin Eggen wrote:
Hi All,

Also, does there exist something which can give me a list of "top talkers"
thrugh a router-box? E.g, keep track of bandwidth consumed by each of the
internal hosts? I've concidered using trafd for this, or perhaps keeping
count with dummynet (configuing a pipe with mask all), but if something else
exists, I'd be happy to hear about it.
If you use FreeBSD, have a look at trafshow (/usr/ports/net/trafshow).

This is a tool like top, to see the top users of your network. Maybe ntop
(/usr/ports/net/ntop) is nice too, however I never really looked at it :)

Links:

Trafshow: http://www.rinetsoft.nsk.su/trafshow/index_en.html
Ntop:     http://www.ntop.org

Got those from http://www.freebsd.org/ports/net.html :)