Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: FW-1 throughput question

From: "Dameon D. Welch-Abernathy" <dwelch () phoneboy com>
Date: Tue, 16 May 2000 09:37:26 -0700

On Tue, May 16, 2000 at 06:54:31PM +1000, Darren Reed wrote:

According to what I know, the kernel module does not take advantage of
multiple processors.

This is for FW-1 then ?  If so, then that's another reason to can FW-1
and use IP Filter instead :-)

But I didn't think the IP stack in Linux was SMP either (of course, FreeBSD
probably has addressed this problem :-)

What I knew was about 4.0. I do not know if 4.1 still holds true to that.
Someone who actually works at Check Point would have to answer that question.

not, but take it for what it's worth. The Security Server processes *do*
take advantage of multiple processors (have since 4.0).

Err, what are you talking here - NT or Solaris ?

Both.

-- PhoneBoy