Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Help, some one's hacked into my home computer

From: "Ryan Russell" <Ryan.Russell () sybase com>
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 17:21:17 -0800

Actually, someone did hack my system, and used FINDFAST to scan for
files.  They had open a .MPG movie
I had made from my digital camera.   Here's my setup:  Win98SE with
internet sharing enabled.  I have a local
net and am trying to share the DSL connection amongst my various
machines.  The DSL modem has a fixed IP
and is always connected.  The intruder came in to the host machine and
ran FINDFAST and was accessing
the MPG.  I caught all this a day later.  I guess their connection got
hung.  I used NETWATCH to discover
the connection, and what files they were looking at.

Umm... you're aware that findfast comes with MSOffice, and it's purpose
is to index files on your harddrive, right?

What exactly did you see with netwatch?

                         Ryan