Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

segmentation fault

From: "Robert Stringer" <stringer32 () hotmail com>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 13:37:01 EST

Hi

We try to restore a gauntlet config from the floppy (coming from the production) with the utility "gauntlet-admin" and it works but we receive an error message during the process: "Segmentation fault core dumped".

Here's what we did:

From the main menu, we chose "System operation", "Restore from floppy" and
finally "Quit and update configuration".

This is where the problem occurs: just before the prompt "Rebuild system configuration?" we received the message "Segmentation fault".

Is there anyone have an idea of the problem?

Is the config on floppy corrupted? We tried with an other floppy (taken about three months ago) from the same firewall but we have the same problem.

We run Gauntlet version 4.2 on a Solaris 2.6 Ultra 5.

Note: we have three more firewalls and we restored their config too and everything works fine.

Thank you

Robert