Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

VPN Client Software

From: James Bond <dearecoveryforce () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 14:09:47 -0800 (PST)

I am currently evaluating a VPN solution for remote
users to access the internal network. The three
vendors that made it into my evaluation are RedCreek
Ravlinsoft, Checkpoint Secureremote and Nortel
Contivitity. Does anybody have any pro's/con's with
these client software solutions, specifically with
security in mind...as the solution is software based
and on user's machines, I am concerned about user's
"bridging networks" and other security implications
which someone might have experienced?
thanks in advance....any information or horror stories
will help.