Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Recent Attacks

From: "Philip J. Koenig" <pjklist () ekahuna com>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:59:24 -0800

On 15 Feb 00, at 9:22, Ryan Russell boldly uttered:

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000, Marcus J. Ranum wrote:

Ryan Russell wrote:
I expect to see ransom demands (either the real attackers or just
opportunists) become announced to the press any time now.

That'd be interesting because it'd clear up the issue of motivation!!

Hey, whats a few mil when we're talking about losses of 1.2 Billion,
right? :)  Someone is out to break Kevin's record.

You mean Mitnick?  As far as I can see, the figures that were thrown
around supposedly putting a price tag on the 'damage' he did were
pure unfounded fantasy.

Phil