Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Citrix ICA through port 80?

From: fgb () domain com br
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 14:18:50 -0200 (GMT-02:00)

Hi,

With Citrix Metaframe, you can build your application in html format.
In the Published Application Manager, create your application, the ica file and the html for that ica.
Then you copy the files created to a web server and then it can be viewed by any browser that access your web server.
For more information see the Citrix Metaframe documentation.

Fabio Baptista.

I know that some of you will consider this a bad thing
... that aside, I still need to figure out my options.

We have a demo that runs on Windows Terminal Server
and Citrix MetaFrame.  Some of our potential customers
have firewalls setup that block their users from going
out on unknown ports (if they don't have Citrix
installed already, then they'll block the ports that
ICA uses).

I was wondering ... is there a way to set things up so
that people can connect to our terminal server without
having to involve their IS departments?  Tunneling
over http on port 80, perhaps?

Thanks!