Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Pix Firewall Syslogs/logging

From: Christoph <puetzc () yahoo com>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 14:36:08 -0800 (PST)

I am trying to find my way through the logfiles after
turning on logging on my Pix. I receive messages like
this one (see below) but are not sure what to read out
of it:

<163>Dec 01 2000 15:20:29: %PIX-3-106014: Deny inbound
icmp src outside:63.225.107.174 dst inside:<my IP
address> (type 11, code 0)

Has anyone good information about what kind of
"type"'s and "code"'s I have to look for and what they
mean? Also - what would the message above really mean?
I could not find something at Cisco's web page but
maybe I look at the wrong spot. If I ping/tracert a
few of these outside IP addresses I do not even get
DNS information - it just times out.

Any help is appreciated!!

Thanks!

Chris