Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Linux firewall question..

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 11:19:56 -0500 (EST)

I have this stored here from a recent post on the topic to another list:

From: Gary Maltzen <maltzen () mm com>
Subject: Re: PPTP behind ipchains
Cc: Firewalls List <firewalls () Lists GNAC NET>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 16:55:24 -0600
To: Alexandre <aoliveira () ecommerce com br>

Kernels 2.2.x and lower need special patches to support GRE for PPTP.

See David Ranch's latest IP masquerade HOWTO

 http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~dranch/LINUX/index-linux.html#ipmasq

(Be sure to read the "Resources" section)

Also check the archives at http://www.indyramp.com/masq/

Hope that helps, thanks to Gary,

Ron DuFresne