Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: ethernet-to-ethernet router: a piece of the puzzle

From: Todd Schroeder <todd () stipples com>
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2000 07:43:32 -0600

While a 2600 could meet the needs specified, it will not route at 10mbps.
As I recall, a 2600 tops out around 3mbps (I'm going from memory here, so
grant me some slack).  I believe you need to get up to at least a 3640 for
10mbps routing.  If you're adding encryption at the router, you'd be wise to
beef up the CPU a bit.  Perhaps a 3662.

-Todd