Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

About your Account: more administrivia

From: "Marcus J. Ranum" <mjr () nfr com>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:49:41 -0500

I also thought I'd mention that I get about 10 requests a week
for how to unsubscribe, or to try to identify the Email address a
user subscribed under. I try to be helpful with such requests, but
please remember that I handle them manually and it sometimes
takes time and I am sometimes terse in my reply (because I
am in a hurry, not because I hate you).

If you ever want to learn stuff about your mailman account
(including your password) go to:
and at the bottom of the page there's a field where you
can put in a mailing address and select 'Edit Options'
From there (if it finds your email address) it takes you
to a page where you can have your password mailed
to you, unsubscribe, etc. You've got options to temporarily
turn off delivery if you are going away, and so forth, it's
worth taking a look at.

mjr.
---
Marcus J. Ranum, Chief Technology Officer, NFR Security, Inc.
Work:   http://www.nfr.com
Play: http://www.ranum.com