Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Upgrade Pix Software

From: "Nuno Fernandes" <nfernandes () real-secure com>
Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 11:58:19 -0500

Joe,

    When I said to put in the tftp-server line in the Cisco PIX, that is for
it to know how and where to send it's configs to a tftp server. It itself is
not a tftp server, but a client. Plus when ever you normally type write
memory, it's a good habits to also type write network to save your config on
a remote tftp server. Also if you are worried about it being viewed over the
network, you can tell what interface to send the config out from. So if you
are security conscious, you'd have a separate secure network for all your
management network devices.

P.S. This is all on the Cisco site, if you like to conform it.

Thank you,