Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Content Vectoring Protocol (CVP)

From: Darren Reed <darrenr () reed wattle id au>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2000 23:25:30 +1000 (EST)

To those of you that write firewall products (and other addons which
work with them), are you interested in working on an open CVP ?  If
CVP has been trademarked or similar, then I'm sure another name can
be invented, but I think it's high time that can was opened up so
that everybody can play and work together.  I think there is a lot
of value to be added for everyone by developing an open standard for
a CVP.

If anyone has started work on a spec/requirements for a CVP, can you
post a URL for others to review ?

The ideal thing to happen here is for it to be eventually pushed through
to the IETF standards process.

Also, if there's enough response back, could I encourage someone to setup
a mailling list for discussion on this topic ? :-)

Cheers,
Darren