Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

DNS in a NAT:ed DMZ ?

From: hans-erik.skyttberg () boxer se
Date: Fri, 28 Apr 2000 15:57:14 +0200

Hi!

I'm knowledged when it comes to routing, firewalls, unix,dns and such, but
not an expert.

Therefor I know wonder this is it possible to run a public Primary and
secondary DNS in their own DMZs ?

Let me draw it up as best I can:

          Firewall
128.120.10.170 PIX II    128.120.10.171         | Theese two address are
the external ones.
                             /                  \
                /                      \
10.10.101.170          10.10.102.172          | Theese two address are the
internal
Primary DNS            Secondary DNS     | address that is set physically
onto the NICs
Solaris 7         Linux
Bind 8                 Bind 8

So the above TOP address are NATED to the ones underneath them.
Is it possible to run a DNSes like this, any help greatly appreciated.
Since I can't get them to work.

If any questions or need more info please mail me.

Regards
/Hans - Erik Skyttberg
Boxer TV Access AB
hans-erik.skyttberg () boxer se