Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Transparent Proxy and IPChains

From: "Paul D. Robertson" <proberts () clark net>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 08:01:49 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 19 Apr 2000, Jason L. Esman wrote:

IP: always defragment is not an option in the kernel configuration. I am
using 2.2.14 I've tried this and it still isn't working. I am now hunting

/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_always_defrag needs to be greater than zero.

through all my rules to see if I missed something. I have everything else
listed below right except for the IP: always defragment

There should be a sysctl interface to it, which is probably the correct
way to set it in a relatively recent distro.  Alternately, just cat
a positive integer to it.

Paul
Paul D. Robertson      "My statements in this message are personal opinions
proberts () clark net      which may have no basis whatsoever in fact."
                                                                     PSB#9280