Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Transparent Proxy and IPChains

From: Michael Walter <walterm () gliatech com>
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 10:39:28 -0400

Sorry, the previous instructions were a bit incomplete, these rules will
prevent fragmentation on an interface

#  Don't output fragments
  ipchains -A output -i $LOCAL_NIC -f -j DENY

  #  Don't Accept Fragments
  ipchains -A input -i $LOCAL_NIC      -f -j DENY

Thanks,

Michael J. Walter
mcse mcp+i rhce a+
Gliatech, Inc.
23420 Commerce Park Rd.
Beachwood, Ohio 44122
Tel: (216) 831-3200
        ipchains -A output -i $LOCAL_NIC -f -j DENY

        Replace $LOCAL_NIC with your interface, this will drop all packet
fragments after the first, causing the interface to re-submit them and
forcing defragmenting at the interface.

        Michael J. Walter
        mcse mcp+i rhce a+
        Gliatech, Inc.