Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: SANS Flash: Urgent Request For Help In Stopping DOS Attacks

From: "R. DuFresne" <dufresne () sysinfo com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 19:01:45 -0400 (EDT)

Mark,

Again, Rick is trying to explain how it really was.  Understand the
original system did not include such toys as www, mail, and usenet to
mention a few, these were addons, as was dns, in the days Rick seaks of
knowingly, and I allude to from stories heard from the grey beards still
about <I'm not quite as old as some of these folks (grin)>, folks grabbed
a host file for ip address mapping from a key server, the file was a
manageable ftp at those times.  Imagine attempting to do so
now...

Thanks,

Ron DuFresne