Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: SANS Flash: Urgent Request For Help In Stopping DOS Attacks (fwd) -reply

From: Mark.Teicher () predictive com
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 07:55:26 -0700

Actually, security was a big contributor in the Internet evolving, if it
was not for initial military funding, the Interner would not have existed
as early as it did.  Security features were definitely a big part back
then, but after some of the initial involvement was completed, other
parties got involved and things have evolved to what we have today..

Just draw big circle on your whiteboard and label on the top of the circle
"The Future of the Internet" and then draw a big mushroom cloud in the
circle.

If you understand the example, it translates into the early adoptors
didn't get rich, some of them did, some other did not, 30 years later,
several people have become billionaires based on a theory that the
Internet is the second coming..

Oh now, it has happenned, I have become a cynic...

Rick Smith <rick_smith () securecomputing com>
04/13/00 07:35 AM