Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Using DHCP (was RE: IP Spoofing)

From: "Safier, Adam (GEIS)" <Adam.Safier () geis ge com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 18:01:48 -0400

One more little detail question, how does a DHCP server track MAC/IP address
pairs of traffic traveling on subnets separated from the DHCP server by
routers? Routers I used to work with did not pass ARP tables, but maybe I'm
showing my age.

Looks like I will need to read up on DHCP. It has become very common and
it's a shame to lose opportunities for setting off alarms.

Thanks,
Adam