Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: pcanywhere

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 15:03:04 -0400 (EDT)

What is the opinion of the list about allowing pcanywhere across
a vpn connection to control some NT systems.  I am not
comfortable, but getting a lot of pressure in allowing that
through the firewall.

Thanks In Advance.
- Deepak

If it were through a firewall, I would exhort you to resist the
pressure.  However, within the VPN - IF it's a properly designed VPN,
and IF you trust most of the people inside, then there should not be
much of a difference between that and a LAN.

Not sure I'd run it on a LAN, either.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-B