Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Lightweight standalones? WAS: BlackIce Defender???

From: Technical Incursion Countermeasures <lists () ticm com>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 08:58:26

You are in luck - there are handfuls... Look at the catalogue of any of the
router manufactures and you will see them... Generally thay are an
"upgrade" version of their normal remote access product. Ascend seems to
have a nice one - though I've never tried it YMMV.

Mind you with the descending cost of PC hardware today - setting up FWTK on
an old PC is reasonable - so long as you have the floorspace :}..

Cheers,

Bret