Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Tcp port 7 spam from Doubleclick

From: Eric Toll <etoll () syracusesupply com>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 15:11:28 -0400

Hello! I guess we all get Tcp port 7 spam from Doubleclick

Read a few threads about this and saw a lot of you are getting probed,
for whatever stupid marketing reason.

My solution was to block ANYTHING from ad.doubleclick.net.  Neat Huh?
(For our whole organization)

So now my users don't ANY ads from doubleclick, and the Web pages load
so much faster.
Lets all do the same, since doubleclick keeps doing it to our firewalls.

This is what I'm getting...

Oct 19 16:43:56 zen kernel: securityalert: tcp if=exp0 from
207.239.35.71:64315 on unserved port 7
Oct 19 16:43:56 zen kernel: securityalert: tcp if=exp0 from
207.239.35.71:64316 on unserved port 7
Oct 19 16:43:56 zen kernel: securityalert: tcp if=exp0 from
208.32.211.71:45180 on unserved port 7
Oct 19 16:43:56 zen kernel: securityalert: tcp if=exp0 from
208.32.211.71:45181 on unserved port 7
Oct 19 16:43:56 zen kernel: securityalert: tcp if=exp0 from
199.95.207.91:58396 on unserved port 7

.Snip...

Just my 2 cents.
Let me know if you like this idea, or if you think I'm insaine on this.