Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Testing Firewalls..

From: Breed <rbreed () tns-inc com>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 13:52:24 -0400

tcpreplay (http://www.anzen.com/research/nidsbench) is a fantastic tool
for doing such a thing. It allows you to replay packet capture files in
pcap format (like from tcpdump) at various speeds. It will let you loop,
set the playback rate to arbitrary speeds, etc.

Very handy. And it's free.

"C.M. Wong" wrote:

I'm looking for any tools which may help me determine the stability of a
firewall-1 running on Solaris. I'm not after port scanners (nmap is great)
or systems security checks tools. I'm looking for tools which can perhaps
stimulate high traffic clients from a single workstation (i.e. maybe
stimulate thousands of client connectivity - legal or illegal). Any pointers
where I can obtain such tool/s would be great.

Rgrds,
Wong.