Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: "Proactive" Password Checking

From: "Moore, James" <James.Moore () MSFC NASA GOV>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 12:30:22 -0600

Amen, brother.

The only thing I'd add to Russ' comments are that passfilt.dll's activities
must be constrained to assure the server does not get bogged down doing
extensive dictionary searches/trial-and-error crack attempts... I still feel
this belongs on the "back end". PDCs have more to do than pound on
passwords.

Jim Moore
256.461.4381

----------- PGP PUBLIC KEY FINGERPRINT ------------
1D9C 3AC3 34E6 EEDF 22B9  7886 7797 6908 048F 049B