Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Is this for real (e-Gap from Whale Communications)

From: "Ogrodnek, Larry" <Larry.Ogrodnek () dowjones com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 09:13:20 -0500

We had some discussion of thier e-Gap product after a consultant brought it
to us as a possible solution for something...  We requested a demo of it but
they weren't willing to let us play with it unless we were planning to buy
it already and just wanted to confirm that it worked.  Since we never got a
hold of the real device, Jon Squire had some quick thoughts and possible
theoretical attacks on it..  His main discussion follows as attached.  If
anyone has actually used this product, we would be interested to hear what
you have to say.

thanks,
larry