Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

CheckPoint 1

From: "Taylor, John x13490c1" <x13490 () exmail usma army mil>
Date: Mon, 3 May 1999 00:42:30 -0400

        Hello, I am curious on whether or not CheckPoint 1 is a good
firewall to use?. Currently, I am on a Lan behind a CheckPoint 1 firewall
with an addition intrusion detect system on the outside of the firewall.
Are there any outdated exploits on CheckPoint1.. like some of the other
types of firewalls that are unsat for protection from various attacks? I am
familiar with Cisco, TIS Gauntlet and Catalyst VLAN security etc. Also, our
firewall is currently blocking ICQ connections of any kind. Is there any way
in connection to the ICQ servers by routing the firewall?

        L8ter,
        John Taylor