Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Help with SPF

From: carson () tla org
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 11:54:33 -0400 (EDT)

"Fred" == Frederick M Avolio <fred () avolio com> writes:

Fred> Any IP service can be supported through a SPF.

With 2 caveats:

- You may have to support it in an insecure fashion, due to crypto obscuring
the protocol.

- You may have to reduce yourself to ACK bit filtering, if your network
cannot guarantee symmetric routing through exactly one SPF.

Of course, _someday_ one of my vendors will get tired of me nagging them for
geographically diverse state sharing, and finally will be willing to sell it
to me :)

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson () cs columbia edu carson () tla org carson () cugc org
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.html