Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: RadGuard filter techology type?

From: Dani Arbel <darbel () techunix technion ac il>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 08:32:06 +0300 (IDT)

Hi!
The RadGuard VPN boxes may be used as FireWall as well with s/w additin.
(I have been told so by Rad people, have not tested it myself).
Dani

On Wed, 19 May 1999, Technical Incursion Countermeasures wrote:

Have a situation where a client is using a pair of Radguard boxes to
provide a firewall solution. They are set up as follows:

internet --- radguard 1 ---DMZ---radguard 2 --- internal network

From what I've seen at Radguard's site the boxs seem to be primarily
intended as a VPN endpoint (which the client is also using them for) and
the packet filtering seems to be the plain vanilla type, no statefulness
involved.

My question.. does anyone know details on these boxs? and what is the
list's opinion on their effectivness as a firewall as compared to something
like FW-1 /Guantlet?

Cheers,

Bret
Technical Incursion Countermeasures
consulting () TICM COM                      http://www.ticm.com/
ph: (+61)(041) 4411 149(UTC+8 hrs)      fax: (+61)(08) 9454 6042

The Insider - a e'zine on Computer security Vol 3 Issue 1 out now
http://www.ticm.com/info/insider/index.html