Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: kerberos,ipsec and application proxies

From: carson () tla org
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 09:19:35 -0400 (EDT)

"ark" == ark  <ark () eltex ru> writes:

ark> I am thinking about addidng Kerberos support to fwtk.
ark> Does this idea worth time to spend? Is kerberos still useful now -

Well, Kerberos is most certainly still useful. I don't think fwtk is,
though. The I/O loops are still broken, and there are so many bugs in
the code (still there in Gauntlet, BTW) that I gave up long ago :(

If you really want to produce something useful, just write the whole
thing from scratch - it isn't that hard (OK, getting telnet right in
non-transparent mode is hard - nigh impossible, as a matter of fact).

--
Carson Gaspar -- carson () cs columbia edu carson () tla org carson () cugc org
http://www.cs.columbia.edu/~carson/home.html