Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

web metrics & scanning tools

From: Kenneth_W_Fox () sbphrd com
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 14:21:14 -0500

We're looking for tools which benchmark the performance of our web &
firewalls & perform a health check on them.

For instance we want to be able to get some data from a web site through
our firewall to verify that we can reach the web site, and all of the
infrastructure inbetween (firewalls, routers, connection to ISP etc)

SOmeone suggested a product called "sitescope" -- does anyone here have any
experience with this stuff? -- We're looking for commercial or open source
or freeware or if we cannot find it we'll end up rolling our own (clearly
the last choice as far as the higher ups are concerned)

Thanks, KEn