Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Port Cheat Sheet

From: "Mayne, Peter" <Peter.Mayne () compaq com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 11:35:52 +0800

From http://www.iana.org/numbers.html:

IANA houses the many unique parameters and protocol values necessary for
operation of the Internet and its future development. Types of numbers range
from unique port assignments to the registration of character sets. In the
past, these numbers were documented through the RFC document series, the
last of these documents was RFC 1700
<http://www.isi.edu/in-notes/rfc1700.txt>, which is also now outdated. Since
that time, the assignments have been listed in this directory as living
documents, constantly updated and revised when new information is available
and new assignments are made.

The copies of RFC 1700 that I could find are dated October 1994.

PJDM
----
Peter Mayne, Compaq Computer Australia, Canberra, ACT
These are my opinions, and have nothing to do with Compaq.
"The wise man knows that he knows nothing." - Bill. "That's us, dude!" -
Ted.