Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall-Wizards Digest V1 #311

From: Sandy Green <sand232 () yahoo com>
Date: Mon, 31 May 1999 10:42:45 -0700 (PDT)

The ablity to detect source route packets is
"generally" provided by the firewall software that one
installs. The driver in most of the firewalls detcts
the IP options in the IP packet and takes a decision
on the necessary action as configured.
The NT OS or the Unix OS do not detect source
routed packets. So one would need another software
to detect such packets, and one would in all
probability do this with a firewall software....

The point is that there are two different softwares---
the base Operating system and a firewall software.

thanks
sandy