Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Y2K trojans, and outsourcing...

From: Bill_Royds () pch gc ca
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 10:09:09 -0400

I think the real problem is not deliberate trojans but common incompetence.
Many systems that aree undocumented mdofied by programmers unfamiliar with the
system in a short time with minumum testing.
That is what is normally a recipe for disaster, The number of accidental
backdoors, buffer over runs etc. that all these changes will create will
probably dwarf the $1billion estimate of trojan costs.

Bill Stout <Bill.Stout () AristaSoft com> on 99-07-19 01:54:52 PM

Please respond to Bill Stout <Bill.Stout () AristaSoft com>