Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Questions about firewall

From: "Yin To Chu" <ytchu () ozemail com au>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 11:20:47 +1000

Of course. you need a third NIC for DMZ. People would prefer a DMZ for this
purpose.

Why not using IPCHAIN in RedHat 6.0?  Or
ipfilter for Linux at http://www4.dgtu.donetsk.ua:8103/pub/Linux/IPFilter/
or
ipfirewall for Linux at http://www.ipfirewall.com/ipfirewall.html or
Juniper Proxy Firewall Toolkit at http://www.obtuse.com/juniper/

You may also need this tool to set up the filter list efficiently
http://www.cyber.com.au/users/darrenr/flc.html

Alternatively, you may want to try the commercial strength
Phoenix Adaptive Firewall at
http://www.progressive-systems.com/products/phoenix/ which is said to be
multilayer stateful firewall. or
Juniper Proxy Firewall Toolkit at http://www.obtuse.com/juniper/

Squid is generally used for Internet cache / proxy in Linux/Unix world. Do
you have other good choices for Linux? Or just useful boxes like Cabalt
Network Cube / RaQ II, etc.

Yt
----