Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft PPTP server behind a firewall.

From: "Frank Gesino" <frank_gesino () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 10:09:07 EDT

Yes that is correct.  You also need to permit gre (the protocol PPTP) uses.

...Frank

From: Daniel Knighten <daniel () knighten org>
To: Firewall-Wizards <firewall-wizards () nfr net>
Subject: Microsoft PPTP server behind a firewall.
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 20:57:16 -0700

I am looking to configure a MicroSoft PPTP server behind a Cisco 675
ADSL router.  From the documentation I have seen it looks like I just
have to forward TCP port 1723 to the server to get this to work.  Is
that correct?  I am using the 675 as a simple firewall by running it
in routing mode, as apposed to bridge mode, and using NAT to hide the
machines on the internal private network.

Thanks,
Dan
___________
_______________________