Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft PPTP server behind a firewall.

From: "Patrick M. Hausen" <hausen () punkt de>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 1999 09:04:00 +0200 (CEST)

Hi!

I am looking to configure a MicroSoft PPTP server behind a Cisco 675
ADSL router.  From the documentation I have seen it looks like I just
have to forward TCP port 1723 to the server to get this to work.  Is
that correct?  I am using the 675 as a simple firewall by running it
in routing mode, as apposed to bridge mode, and using NAT to hide the
machines on the internal private network.

Unfortunately that's not the case. PPTP TCP port 1723 as well
as GRE (protocol type 47). You need to forward that, too.

Have a look at

        http://www.tis.com/support/pptp.html

Regards,
Patrick