Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: Secure Faxing

From: "Michael Gips" <mgips () asisonline org>
Date: Tue, 02 Feb 1999 14:40:29 -0500

I have never used the product, so I can make no representations about its effectiveness, but I know that Certicom
Corporation of Mississauga, Ontario, makes something called the CERTIFAX system. As I understand it, it's a standalone
encryption unit that is installed between a fax machine and a PSTN. Both the sender and the recipient must have one of
these units for it to work. The system can use a public encryption scheme or a proprietary scheme. Kodak uses them, so
you might try asking someone over there.