Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: war dialers, are they a current threat?

From: Dorian Moore <d () kleber net>
Date: Mon, 27 Dec 1999 18:03:57 +0000

And here's another one people are forgetting : increasingly more people
are using mobile phones to pick up email, access the net etc.... and a
lot of lusers don't traditionally think of these as 'modems' either.
I've received five unsolicited 'data' calls to my mobile in the last 3
months - all with called id withheld... it made me think about the
wardialer issue...  As far as I could see when my computer is hooked to
the mobile it has ATS0=1 as default (ie it automactially answers
incomming data calls)

Food for thought.

Seasons greets

d.
--
Techie wanted, apply within : http://www.kleber.net/job.html

Dorian Moore is property of Kleber Design Ltd. If found please contact Kleber
by phone on +44 207 581 1362 or visit http://www.kleber.net for further details.
You really shouldn't listen to anything he says... as it may just be an opinion