Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Firewall with FreeBSD 3.3

From: Shafik Yaghmour <shafik () acm poly edu>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 01:46:31 -0500 (EST)

        Well this is actually very easy to implement although the natd and
ipfw documentation does not make it completely clear. The first think you
need to do is setup up your first rule to be a divert e.g.:

        divert 8668 ip from any to any via vx0

8668 is the port natd is running on

        next you need to setup the config file something like
/etc/natrules. Inside this file you want to have the translations you want
to take place defined using "redirect_address" e.g.:

        redirect_address 10.0.0.1 205.1.2.1
        redirect_address 10.0.0.2 205.1.2.2

        Now you run natd e.g.:

        natd -n vx0 -f /etc/natrules

        I am pretty sure that will have you good to go.

Have fun
Take care