Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

why isn't there a newer linux fw-howto

From: "Bárány Sándor" <S.Barany () infosys tuwien ac at>
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 21:43:10 +0200

Dear FW wizards,

I am far from being a wiz, but I am wondering if the current linux fw
howto (from Nov 1996) is beeing actual any more. Nowadays every linux
distribution comes out with the ipfwadmin package, possibly with some
extra home-made config script embedded in the distribution's own startup
env. My (let me not say which one) seems beeing pretty buggy, and the
howto does not really help. The man file I have is also about two years
old.

My config is a two-machine home net, cable modem-connected to the Net;
linux fw and a w95 box behind for my children. It should not be a big
problem, but the faq does not really help.

Regards,
Sándor Bárány

---          "Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Strictly Optional"