Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: Evaluation report of F/W's?

From: Henry Hertz Hobbit <hhhobbit () icarus weber edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 1998 21:11:29 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 1 Oct 1998, Luc I. Suryo wrote:

Hi GuyS,

2 Years I was able to fetch some information about
a study done of the commercial F/W's, the plus & the minus
of each of them, nice doc.

But that was then 2 years ago and tech./hackers are still
growing strong.. and so far we alway been using either F/W-1
or Raptor as our firewall.

So my question does someone out there know if such doc. still
exist with updates?

I don't know if these are as NICE as what you are
referring to, but try these out (you will have to have
a login and password - goto www.nwfusion.com first)

http://www.nwfusion.com/reviews/0601review.html
http://www.nwfusion.com/reviews/0601rev.html

Unfortunately, it will take a lot more digging than just
this to really review all of the products on the market
and pick an appropriate one, or even worse - agonize over
several that all seem equal.

HHH