Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: [RISC Technology Europe]: Have you ever seen this banner...

From: HASSAN.KARIM () chase com
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1998 18:12:35 -0400

Looks like a product from BMC Software called "Patrol". It is used in a
similar fashion as HP Openview. I worked with it a bit 2-3 years ago and it
seemed to have little bit more capabilities/free-OS-reign than I felt a
"resource monitoring" application should have.

It is deployed by installing agents on each system and the agent, I think,
sends back a poll-type message to the Patrol manager. There's alot of
"interesting" stuff about Patrol that if discovered by a clever cracker,
might potentially be exploited.

-Hassan

Jean-Pierre FORCIOLI <jpforcioli @ risc-tech.com> on 10/09/98 01:02:30 PM

Please respond to Jean-Pierre FORCIOLI <jpforcioli () risc-tech com>