Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Re: NAI Guantlet "Best of Show Award" The Real Deal

From: Joseph S D Yao <jsdy () cospo osis gov>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 18:18:46 -0500 (EST)

It says quit clearly who won the "Best of Show Award"
I cut and pasted this directly from the article (the part in bold).  Go to
the url below to see for yourself.

Yes, of course it does.  [I did, thank you.]  My point is this.  If you
say Gauntlet is #4 because it is listed fourth, you must say Fort Knox
is #3 because it is listed third.  But it is clearly the winner.  We
agree on this!  Therefore, it is fallacious to say that Gauntlet is
fourth merely because it is listed in that order.

Fair?

Please review the <URL: http://www.data.com/datacomm/best98_extra.html>
web page.  Look at the other lists to see other examples of this.

--
Joe Yao                         jsdy () cospo osis gov - Joseph S. D. Yao
COSPO/OSIS Computer Support                                     EMT-A/B