Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

Checkpoint FW-1 v3.0b Mail Proxy

From: "Luke Gill" <lkgill () sprintparanet com>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 1998 13:45:33 -0600

While reviewing a FW-1 install for a client, I was told by the contractor
who installed the FW-1 that there is a problem with the mail proxy included
with FW-1.  He mentioned that the mail proxy will drop messages under a
"high traffic environment".  I found this interesting as I had not heard
this before.  My client under advice from the installation contractor
installed a port 25 filter on the FW-1 and sends all mail to a Linux box
inside the intranet with Qmail running on it.

I was wondering how severe is the mail proxy bug?  and also if it is fixed
in v4.0?  Also, what experiences have the rest of you had with qmail?

I am currently researching both, but would just like some input from the
field.

Thanks for your support,
Luke

S P R I N T   P A R A N E T