Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Will you try to sue Bill for false advertising? -Reply

From: Joe Ippolito <joe () joesnet com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 07:32:40 -0800

Yes, it pretty much does everything Firewall-1 does (and caching) at a
fraction of the price. VPN is a separate piece and remote management must
be done from NT etc. Granted it is not nearly as mature a product as
Firewall-1,  But, after using Firewall-1 on NT and seeing all the GP
faults, connectivity issues and the vaporware they call CVP I think that
Firewall-1 on NT has a long way to go.  I wish now I had purchased the Unix
version.

The person that wants to do other traffic besides http needs to configure
Winsock proxy and install the Winsock proxy client.  If it is not an MS OS,
he/she will need to configure the socks proxy.

Joe Ippolito
MCNE, MCSE, CSE