Firewall Wizards mailing list archives

RE: Proxy firewall design.

From: Joseph Judge <joej () ultranet com>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 09:09:12 -0500

I get the urge to chroot things either into 1 big section, like that
/fw
or, if it makes sense, group proxies into a couple sections.

"Makes sense" to me means that I may see risk from a range of
one set of users different than another
inside to outside proxies == employees versus
outside-to-inside authenticated proxies == customers versus
outside-to-inside public access proxies == off fellows

I honestly can't see the gain from granularly chroot'ing each proxy
server ...but I do see its value in general (so the fwtk non-support
struck
me as odd, also)

        -- joe

On Tuesday, March 10, 1998 7:14 AM, Darren Reed